Monday, October 10, 2011

Knee Hole Desk/ Vanity - For Sale

This is my current project.
 It is a knee hole desk from Furnishing's of Character by Lammert's in St.Louis.
There is a metal tag inside the drawer with the company's name and address.

I have already given this desk its first coat of primer and paint.

The paint color is an "oops" paint but I would say it's a sea green with a kiss of blue.
In other words, the color is gorgeous.



This desk will be getting new hardware (I'm thinking glass knobs)
and I will line the drawers.
I am thinking of lining the drawers with pages from old books and then lightly sanding the paper so some words are missing....still thinking about that!



I completely stripped this dresser before I primed it and the original color is beautiful.
(Sadly, this picture is before the stripping took place).

I am going to leave the top natural wood and put a coat of poly on top.

This piece will be listed for sale on my etsy page soon (click here).


No comments:

Post a Comment